Thursday, April 14, 2011

Laundry and Weight loss

Like many moms pregnancy has changed the shape of my body, added several pounds and now I'm ready for a change. I have been working these last few months (well really I've been working for a couple of years, just with more intensity now) to lose that baby weight that has accumulated around my mid-section. It's been much slower than I had hoped and much to my dismay harder than I had anticipated. 

I've learned recently that losing weight has a lot in common with doing laundry for a large family.  In both cases if you are consistent, working each day you can stay on top of things and see progress.  It's not all going to get done at once but it isn't overwhelming.  Your laundry piles will get smaller just like your waistline will begin to shrink. But also like laundry taking a few days off can cause a pile up that puts you back several days or even weeks.  In some ways this discovery can be depressing.  What if you want to have a weekend off or a large piece of cake to celebrate a birthday does that mean all your hard work is for naught? It may seem like that but the reality is that if you have established a good routine/ good habits you can get back on track. It may not be where you wanted to be at that point but it doesn't have to stop you dead in your tracks.  Just get back in the game as soon as you can and before you know it you'll be seeing the bottoms of your laundry baskets and the numbers on your scale (or tape measure) go down.

So as I continue to wage war on dirty clothes and extra pounds I will work or consistency, establishing good routines and soon I'll reach my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment